Food Safety and Quality Supervisor
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*What You'll Do: *
* Adhere to established procedures to provide a safe working
environment including complying with OSHA, state/local, federal,
and AppHarvest regulations and requirements.
* Adhere to Quality work practices, follows GMP's, maintains
sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained.
Reports conditions or practices that may adversely affect food
safety and quality to management.
* Develop a sustainable food safety/quality culture by engaging the
workforce through food safety/quality issues recognition and
providing clarification on food safety/quality procedures.
* Provide for the introduction and daily application of the quality
policy in the plant to satisfy the rules that apply with respect to
HACCP and other food safety programs.
* Plan, coordinate and audit food safety/quality assurance
activities and programs ensuring all department activities meet
* Assist with the hiring and training of support staff.
* Coordinate completion of required food safety/quality testing.
Ensure test data is appropriately recorded and documented.
* Review and analyze data gathered from shelf-life studies,
testing, QA and Food Safety data, and other test data conducted by
the department to analyze trends and/or to determine if any system
improvements, or immediate corrective actions, are required.
* Act as the site lead for customer, third party, or regulatory
food safety/quality audits. Ensure required corrective actions are
closed out within the given timeframe.
* Supervise the site custodian, industrial hygiene, and quality
* Monitors and updates quality and food safety programs in
conjunction with other departments to meet company, customer, food
safety certification, and regulatory objectives. Create new
procedures/processes/techniques or evaluate change to existing ones
to ensure compliance to corporate requirements.
* Conduct training across the site to ensure compliance to all
regulatory, third party, customer and internal requirements for
food safety, product quality, food defense, and GMP's. Ensure
training is appropriately recorded and documented.
* Perform food safety audits and inspections and lead monthly site
food safety committee meetings.
* Maintain various tracking/trending/data reports related to Food
Safety systems, such as NUOCA (Notice of Unusual Occurrence and
Corrective Actions), internal audits and inspections, and pest
control. Log information for KPI tracking.
* Conduct investigations on reported matters of food safety and/or
* Maintain records and record retention policy for production and
food safety/quality records.
* Works with plant management and Sr. Quality/Food Safety Manager
to successfully resolve customer concerns involving food safety
* Ensure stock of food safety/quality supplies are procured and
* Prepare safety KPIs and build safety documentation using
Microsoft Office platforms as directed by the Sr, FSQA Manager.
* Participate in corporate FSQA audit program, conducting
occasional FSQA audits at other AppHarvest facilities.
* Other activities as assigned.
*What We're Looking For: *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience, or
equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Strong written and verbal communication, planning, documentation,
and organization skills.
* Detail-oriented to ensure accurate and precise work.
* Experience, certifications and/or formal training in cGMP, HACCP,
internal auditing and GFSI audit schemes (SQF, PrimusGFS, etc.)
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to conduct thorough
research and interpret and understand laws and regulations. Ability
to provide workable recommendations and solutions to problems.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and
* Good decision-making skills and ability to perform in stressful
* Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
* Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and changing
priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
* Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
* Work schedule may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Relocation assistance
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* On call
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Berea, KY 40403: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an
employer-provided relocation package (Required)
* Food Manufacturing/Production: 5 years (Required)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: AppHarvest, Lexington , Food Safety and Quality Supervisor, Other , Berea, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!