Deposit Operations Specialist
Company: Forcht Bank
Posted on: November 26, 2022
BE HAPPIER IN YOUR CAREERAs an 8-time winner of Best Places to
Work (in Kentucky), we understand the importance of creating a
workplace culture that gives our bankers a purpose each and every
day. That purpose is to find unique ways to deliver our brand of
happier banking service to customers and other employees. We're
looking for self-starters, outside-the-box thinkers, customer
service wizards, small business enthusiasts, and servants within
their community. Notice we didn't say bankers. At Forcht Bank we
value diverse and unique thinking that could help us serve our
customers better. That's exactly who we are. What other banks do
you know that have an Ice Cream Machine to hand out free ice cream
and 18 foot tall forks outside their locations?WHO WE AREWhile we
opened our doors in 1985 offering traditional banking services, we
soon realized we needed to deliver them in a nontraditional way.
Financial services are a competitive industry, with over 5,000
banks and 5,300 credit unions. That's a lot. We understand that we
must differentiate ourselves by offering a unique combination of
banking, consisting of exceptional customer service and with a
twist of great digital banking tools to help our customers manage
their basic needs. This is part of our happier banking recipe.
Another component is encouraging our bankers to exemplify our
values daily.We believe in:
- Giving back to our communities.
- Embracing change and evolution
- Building relationships based on trust and transparency
- Celebrating and embracing our diversityTHE PERKSOur commitment
is to grow and train happier employees, providing them with the
skills to deliver happier banking and create happier customers.
This is how we create happier employees at Forcht Bank:
- Competitive salary/wage
- Comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to 4% Company Match (fully
vested from day 1)
- Company PaidLife Insurance - 2x Base Salary, max of $100k
- Minimum of 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) after 60-day
- Nine Paid Holidays, plus Birthday Leave and Community Service
- Charitable donation match
- Employee celebrations
- Professional recognition
- And more!Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesTo perform this
position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Provide daily support for branch and call center concerning
customer inquiries, problem resolution, and customer research.
- Process and respond to garnishments & levies; coordinate
communication with the bank's legal department.
- Review daily teller and mobile capture transactions.
- Review daily deposit repots and conduct research for exception
- Conduct various types of deposit research.
- Complete deposit account maintenance requests.
- Perform ATM/Debit card duties and responsibilities including
ordering new cards, fraud investigation, pin resets, and
- Provide general help for online banking activities and requests
such as password resets.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as
well as applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Communicate with both internal and external customers in verbal
and written form; display respect for the dignity and opinions of
- Assist the operations department with new product
implementation and other special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QualificationsThe requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially
Excel, and related banking information systems.
- Ability to work with a team and members of other
- Ability to work with little direct supervision in carrying out
the tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines in the areas of deposit
- Ability to handle sensitive documents or other confidential
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying,
taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions
as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences
and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the
completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and their applications specific to the
position.Physical Demands and AbilitiesThe physical demands and
work environment characteristics described herein are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and
writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or
pattern according to the specific role or set of rules (e.g.,
patterns of numbers, letters, pictures, mathematical
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing
on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax,
computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for up to eight (8) hours
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.Required
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and at least one year of prior banking
experience is required.
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or the
equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted for experience
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay
abreast of new developments, best practices, civic activities, and
statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees
must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and
while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must comply with all Bank Secrecy Act rules, regulations and
requirements.EOEWe are committed to ensure fair and equal treatment
for everyone we employ and as such, we are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and believe employment,
training, and promotional opportunities should be available to all
persons without regard to race, color, gender (including gender
nonconformity, gender identity, status as a transgender individual,
and sexual orientation), sex (including pregnancy), age, religion,
national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, political affiliation, protected veteran status or
membership in the armed services, or any other consideration that
is protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
Keywords: Forcht Bank, Lexington , Deposit Operations Specialist, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!