Digital Content Assistant
Company: University of Kentucky
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Posting Details Job Title Digital Content Assistant
Requisition Number DU10154
Department Name 8E000:College of Arts & Sciences
Work Location Lexington, KY
Salary Range $12.00/hr
Type of Position Student
Position Time Status Part-Time
Required Education Sophomore status or above.
Required Related Experience Applicants must:
- Have strong communication and writing skills.
- Have experience interviewing and writing compelling
- Be creative.
- Be able to handle themselves in situations with faculty,
students and staff professionally.
- Be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to write for a variety of media, including magazines
and the Web.
- Have experience using Microsoft Word and the AP style guide (a
Required License/Registration/Certification N/A
Physical Requirements N/A
Shift Flexible, 20 hours per week
Job Summary The Hive Student Media Writer will have the chance to
work on marketing and communications projects including:
- Interviewing faculty, students and alumni.
- Writing features for print, web and social media use (including
stories for the College's alumni magazine, Ampersand).
- Writing marketing text for brochures, fliers and other
- Writing scripts for promotional videos.
- Writing press releases.
- Working closely with the College's graphic designer and digital
- Proofreading materials for the College.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities Strong communication and writing
skills; experience interviewing and writing compelling stories;
knowledge of AP style a plus.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No
Preferred Education/Experience At least one introductory class
involving interviews and feature writing.
Deadline to Apply 01/31/2023
University Community of Inclusion The University of Kentucky is
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our
students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and
acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all
backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and
welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and
are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live.
In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for
our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of
Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans,
individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to
consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass
pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky
Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background
check and/or drug screen.
Keywords: University of Kentucky, Lexington , Digital Content Assistant, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!