Senior Structural Designer
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' Award Winner!Structural
Designer - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs a Structural Designer
with Middough, you will create and establish simple designs
consistent with good practices, client requirements and conformance
to Codes & Standards. The Structural Designer will also apply
standard drafting techniques to generate and interpret drawings in
support of assigned projects and provide guidance and leadership to
drafters to ensure that all established company and client design
standards and practices are followed Responsibilities include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with engineers to develop design drawings for steel
supports, platforms, and concrete foundations using primarily 3D
laser scanning (some field measurements) and CAD software's.
- Complete design work on fast paced, smaller projects for a
variety of industrial and chemical plant clients.
- Interact with company departments/colleagues and suppliers to
obtain pertinent design and project information.Education,
Experience and SkillsThe successful candidate will possess the
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- 10-15 years of relevant design work experience.
- Proficient work experience with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Advance Steel, Plant 3D, and/or Microstation
- Working knowledge of Codes and Standards.
- Working knowledge of reference documents and guides.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask with organizational abilities for project
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. - Middough employs the best and
brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who
are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety
awareness and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer
a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports
employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources
such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning
Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Lexington , Senior Structural Designer, Other , Ashland, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...