Warehouse Supervisor - 3 yrs EXP Req'd
Company: McLane - Foodservice
Posted on: January 14, 2021
721 Taylor Rd. Frankfort, KY 40601
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a
smooth operation of the Distribution/Warehousing Department and
help provide 24 hours coverage. Provide general supervision of all
warehouse operations and functional processes within the
department. Primary responsibility is to maintain a properly
staffed and trained department that supports the warehousing
function by offering the highest levels of logistics support. This
position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all
warehousing activities. Must keep product moving smoothly,
accurately, and efficiently. Must drive key performance indicators
for cost savings, and maintain efficient utilization of manpower
through proper scheduling and training in order to provide the
highest levels of customer service at the store level.
- Direct and motivate Teammates.
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents or unsafe conditions
through the company safety department.
- Responsible for compliance and knowledge with OSHA regulations
and other safety standards. Maintain facility in a safe manner in
accordance with company and governmental standards.
- Ensure that warehousing procedures offer the cost-effective
solutions that will drive profitability.
- Uphold sanitation and housekeeping standards and conduct
compliance audits to such standards.
- Manage and benchmark warehouse aspects of profit and loss
- Assist in managing all department re-bids.
- Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Warehouse Teammates
and Support Staff. Current week and following week schedules should
always be posted with a working copy available by request for the
- Must facilitate communication within the management team and
between the Teammates and management.
- Provide training as needed to maintain an efficient and
knowledgeable work force.
- Enforcement of general company policies and issuance of
coaching/disciplinary documentation to teammates. All final written
warnings and separations will be presented and administered by this
position with the approval of the Distribution Manager and/or the
Human Resources Manager.
- Must assign accountability within staff to track and trend key
performance indicators to ensure the center is meeting and
exceeding customer expectations.
- Strong knowledge of Teammate Handbook.
- Establish and provide departmental coverage and leadership and
maintain highest level of managerial professionalism at all
- Assist Transportation Supervisors and Managers with resolution
of issues between warehousing and distribution.
- Provide additional assistance with projects and other items to
be assigned periodically.
- Hiring Immediately
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Benefits
- Bachelor s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in all facets of outbound and inbound
warehousing, preferably in the food service industry.
- Mainframe computer software relating to record keeping.
- Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft
Word, and Access programs; or similar programs.
- Management of large numbers of warehouse staff with experience
in hiring, training, motivating Teammates, and resolving employee
- Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting, planning, analytical and/or
reporting experience, in positions with increasing responsibility
- Knowledge of distribution systems.
- Ability to utilize faxing and copying machines.
- Extensive communications via phone.
- Ability to communicate with different levels of
- Understanding of dispatch issues and procedures.
Details are subject to change at any time. Please call for current
offers and information. Associated topics: coordinator, entry
level, intern, logistics, operator night, servicer, stocker, supply
chain, warehouse, warehouseman
Keywords: McLane - Foodservice, Lexington , Warehouse Supervisor - 3 yrs EXP Req'd, Professions , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!