Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At - and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.Job Summary---Responsibilities: -
- Will exercise judgment, inventiveness and conceptual approaches
to designing custom modifications to complex HVAC equipment,
assemblies or structures utilizing computer design and product life
cycle management systems. Records or organizes technical data and
reports utilizing a multitude of systems and applications.
- Documentation of parts, bills of materials and product
configurations. Able to understand assigned areas, such as; change
control, bill of material, product definition & selection, machine
design, castings, fabrication, sheet metal, electrical, electronics
- Understanding and familiarity of all design, drafting
practices, product configuration, methods and processes and their
development and enforcement.
- Work from oral or written technical engineering instructions,
procedures, schematics, drawings, sketches or self-generated ideas
and/or ideas from other design or functional team members. Explore
and develop conceivable alternatives to technical and process
- An emphasis on safety and quality is a requirement. Responsible
for completion of milestone dates, maintaining progress and
recommending action should schedules or tasks be in jeopardy of
estimated completion. Ability to recognize and capable of
recommending and implementing sound solutions to design or product
configuration problems, knows the degree of care and accuracy
required of assignments. Will also be responsible for checking the
work of other team members for error free deliverables to
- Make necessary calculations, under engineering guidance, using
established engineering formula or data for design or configuration
- Select / specify materials and components for product design
using sound practical consideration of requirements.
- Maintains knowledge level of computer aided graphic system,
product definition/configuration and other applications through
company provided training, reading material and other self-directed
methods. Establishes network of resources and is innovative in CAD,
design and configuration approaches. Aggressively seeks to improve
own and teams abilities through study, reading, discussions,
seminars, observation and careful evaluation.
- Must consistently demonstrate responsiveness to the customer
and is quality minded in performance of all duties.
- Exercises good communication skills.
- Ensures all product designs meet company standards, especially
those of safety, quality and reliability. - Watches for the safety
and well being of others and adheres to all company safety and
- May be required to travel to various locations to support
products or train other personnel. May be required to support
design processes of other locations.
- Receives functional technical instructions from engineers and
other technicians. - Has wide latitude for independent action. -
Responsible for all work direction, content and
- Associate's degree preferred; 4+ years of experience required
in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of designing equipment, drafting and computer aided
design and applies knowledge to assigned tasks; or knowledge in
product definition, product configuration, bills of materials and
applies knowledge to tasks.
- Good understanding of product configuration and product
applications are a plus. ProEngineer experience a plus.
- Skilled use of computer aided graphic system. Ability to
envision, apply and implement computer aided graphic
- Knowledge of various Trane HVAC products (In-depth of some) and
understanding of refrigeration cycle a plus. Training in controls
or electrical devices and complex electrical wiring a plus.
- Possesses developed technical skills, specialized expertise
unique to a product or business site. Capable of, provides and
directs technical assistance to others.
- Coordinate and direct in project planning, scheduling and
manpower assignments for multiple projects.We offer competitive
compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an
equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a
protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Lexington , Designer, Professions , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!