Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At - and through our businesses including and , we create
innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and
transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable
world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges
and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when
we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at
home. We boldly go.Job Summary:Responsible for assisting HVAC Field
Technicians in the installation and repair of environmental control
systems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, control
systems, pipe fitting, and structural layouts.Essential
- Assists in servicing products and equipment on assigned
projects and ensuring customer satisfaction. - Typical duties
include filter and belt changes, cleaning coils, and brushing
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs equipment, instruments and
products at a customer's location.
- Performs preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations,
and modifications as needed or requested by customers, HVAC Field
Technicians, or Field Technician Supervisors.
- Maintains stock of inventory, company equipment, and documents
all service-related activities (including report writing).
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of
- Performs vehicle maintenance, as necessary.
- Delivers parts to job sites, as necessary.Education and/or
- Working towards an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from
two-year college or technical school with a certificate in Heating,
Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- 0-2 years experience in HVAC field and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience with
demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in basic mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division. - Ability to compute
rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
graphsCertificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Working towards EPA approved Universal Technician Certification
(preferred) Physical Requirements: -
- The majority of a regular work day requires standing and
- Occasional sitting, climbing, stooping/crouching
- Excellent speaking and hearing as well as good vision
- Lifting, pulling/pushing or carrying 50-100 lbs.Working
- This position works in a typical shop environment
- Requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and
possibly in extreme weather conditions
- Working with high voltage, chemicals and heavy equipmentSpecial
- Valid Driver's License
- Regular Travel Requirements
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as requiredCompetencies:
- Customer Focus-Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers.
- Communication Skills-Is effective in a variety of communication
formats such as oral, and written.
- Process Management-Is effective in organizing tasks into
efficient work flow.
- Team Player-Is able to work within team setting and work for
the good of the group. Easily gains trust and support of
- Decision Making Skill-Is able to analyze data, ask questions,
and make decisions.
- -Technical Aptitude-Is able to learn technical aspects of
- Computer skills-Proficient in use of Microsoft applications
such as Outlook, Word -We offer competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity
employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age,
marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Lexington , Apprentice-Technician, Professions , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!