Avionics Installation Technician
Company: HQ Aero Management
Posted on: September 24, 2022
BONUS INCENTIVE OFFERED!!!
AVIONICS INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN
HQ Aero is currently recruiting for experienced AVIONICS
INSTALLATION TECHNICIANS in LEXINGTON, KY.
The Avionics Technician, under minimal supervision, removes and
installs avionics equipment and electrical components, fabricates
wire harnesses and terminations, troubleshoots installations, and
completes functional testing of avionics and electrical systems. In
this role, the Technician performs basic sheet metal tasks, such as
drilling, riveting, and operates basic sheet metal hand tools. May
perform painting and finish work on instrument panels.Working on
small Cessnas to corporate jets, and helicopters from the helicycle
to an AS 365N3.
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of successful avionics installation, repair or
maintenance experience with deep knowledge of General Aviation
Airplanes, Lite and medium helicopters, Garmin, Aspen and Avidyne
Avionics is required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Standard Aviation Tool Kit required.
- Criminal Background Check & Compliant to FAA Drug and Alcohol
screening checks are mandatory.
- Contract to Hire.
- Day shift: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting wiring
diagrams, aircraft blueprints, and schematics.
- Wire, install, test, and verify operation of avionics equipment
and accessories; identify and correct electronics failures in
various airframes using hand tools, test equipment, technical
documents, and technical reference materials; all the while
communicating with co-workers and in some cases with manufacturers
in a timely, effective way.
- Modify existing instrument panels or fabricate new panels;
fabricate equipment shelves as required; and fabricate and install
other hardware to support and enable aviation electronics
- Assure that installations are done in accordance with
procedures described in the company's FAA Repair Station Manual as
well as with FAA Regulations and manufacturer
- Use sound judgment and technical aptitude to make good
decisions regarding job sequence and techniques, troubleshooting
and discrepancy resolution all in order to maximize quality and
efficiency and adhere to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Operate with the highest level of ethics, integrity, safety and
- Be able to lift equipment and materials weighing up to 50
- Be able to climb ladders, apply finger and hand dexterity in
using hand tools, be able to move around the shop/hangar area and
within aircraft continuously throughout the workday.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work
expected by the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform
other duties as required.
Keywords: HQ Aero Management, Lexington , Avionics Installation Technician, Professions , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!